Monday, August 30, 2010

The Red Barn


Guess who buys the most antiques from me? Antique dealers. Why? Because they have antique stores in busy locations with lots of customers. What they don't have is lots of time to look for good deals they can be sold for a profit. Now I can't say I never found a deal in a fine antique store, but they are rare. Many of my Deals are found at yard sales, flea markets and swap meets. As a picker, I then clean and repair these items and sell them for 20-50% less than full retail to turn over a quick profit. Now it doesn't always workout that way, but that's always the plan.

The Red Barn is where I sell the majority of my items. I try to make sure I add new items every week or so. The Red Barn is just that. A very big Red Barn with about 50 12x12 stalls. Each stall is independently rented. There are few limits as to what can be sold there although antiques and collectibles are the mainstay. There is no AC in the summer so the heat can be stifling. There is no heat in the winter so you have to dress warmly. But year round there are always bargains. The Red Barn is located on Route 3 in Oak Grove VA, very close to Colonial Beach VA. It is a great country drive if you are traveling near Fredericksburg VA or using the Route 301 Corridor to Maryland. The Red Barn summer hours are Friday & Saturdays 9-5 and Sundays 12-5. See the picture! Also Auctions are no longer held there.

No comments:

Post a Comment